My love is on a budget. Here’s a quick and inexpensive DIY I made for my sweetheart! This DIY can be custom tailored for any significant other, best friend, or classmate!
- miniature mailbox from Target ($1)
- felt heart 3D stickers from Target ($1)
- lace self-adhesive tape from Daiso ($1.50)
- printed heart scrapbook paper ($0.50)
- glue or tape
Miniature mailbox from Target ($1), felt heart stickers from Target ($1), lace self-adhesive tape from Daiso ($1.50)
I lined the inside of the front and back mailbox flaps with printed heart paper from Michaels
Miniature “Confidential” Envelope
- standard 4.5×11 in. commercial envelope
- glue or tape
- “confidential” document stamp (you can also just write this directly on the envelope in red sharpie)
- white paper cut to size for message
Standard 4.5×11 in. commercial envelope.
Mark as shown (dimensions shown as well)
Cut and fold accordingly
Glue side and bottom flaps
Fold over glued flaps
Front of envelope
Stamp the front! Cut some white paper to size and write a confidential, super top secret message for your significant other!
Miniature Brown Parcels
- heavy card stock (I used scrap card stock I had leftover from other crafts)
- brown grocery bag (I used a Trader Joe’s bag)
- bakery string from Target ($1)
- sharpie (black and red)
Usuing extra scrap cardstock, I drew box outline
Cut out box and glue side flap.
Fold and glue! Fill completed box with candies or small cookies.
I chose chocolate panda cookies from Mitsuwa! My boyfriend’s nickname is panda, so I always try to incorporate pandas into any gift or craft I give him!
Now we’re ready for wrapping! Cut the side of a brown paper grocery bag from Trader Joes, tape, and red & white bakery string from Target ($1)
Strawberry Hi-Chews! These are inexpensive chewy fruit candy.
The finished packages! The details on the packages were drawn on in sharpie and I added mini stamps from paint chips.
Size comparison of miniature parcel.
I also made a few letters filled with some small notes and “overdue bills”.
You’ve got mail!
Happy Valentine’s Day!